Laminate flooring is a popular choice among homeowners. These beautiful floors certainly have their appeal, but they also have unique requirements for staying clean and looking their best. Do you know how to take care of your laminate floors?
Laminate vs. Hardwood Flooring
People who want wood floors are often drawn to laminate instead because it is much more affordable than the hardwood alternative. Laminate is strong, durable, and scratch-resistant, which makes it more versatile. It can be used in just about any room of your house, including the kitchen and bathrooms.
While hardwood needs to be nailed down, most laminate flooring is put together like a jigsaw puzzle that clicks together for a tight and solid fit. It can be installed much faster and without specialized tools. Hardwood generally needs to be installed by a professional, but laminate can be installed by the average homeowner.
When people think laminate, wood planks usually come to mind. What many people don’t realize is that laminate comes in a variety of shapes, colors, and patterns. It can resemble wood, stone, or tile and can match the decor of any room.
Five Tips for Keeping Your Laminate Floor Clean and Shiny
- Sweep often to eliminate dirt and sand that could ultimately scratch the floor. To simplify your life, invest in a Roborock vacuum that can carry out regular cleaning for you. This smart robot vacuum can automatically perform scheduled cleaning or be controlled through an app that gives you customized cleaning options.
- Clean thoroughly. The Roborock vacuum uses sophisticated technology to plan a thorough and efficient cleaning route. The collision-avoiding soft rubber ring allows the Roborock vacuum to clean in corners without causing damage to walls or furniture.
- Use a damp, but not wet, mop. The Roborock vacuums, including Roborock S5, Xiaowa E2, and Xiaowa E3, all contain a vacuum and mop in one. The unique mopping system ensures uniform water seepage throughout the cleaning process. Once mopping is complete, the water seepage turns off.
- Don’t use soap on your laminate floor and never steam clean. Soaps can leave residues that can be impossible to remove without damaging the floor. Steam heat can damage the laminate by causing it to expand.
- Laminate is not intended for heavy vacuums or polishing machines. This type of equipment is too heavy and aggressive for laminate and could scratch or dent it. Repeated use of vacuums that are too rough can result in dull floors from tiny scratches in the finish.
Now you know how to keep your laminate floors pretty and clean. If you need more information about the Roborock vacuum, please check our website to choose the one fits your needs: https://us.roborock.com/pages/robot-vacuum-cleaner-compare
You May Also Like
5 Tips for Choosing the Best Robotic Vacuum for Tile Floors
Best Ways to Clean and Mop Tile Floors
Best Robot Vacuum for Vinyl Plank Flooring
How to Clean & Maintain Vinyl Plank Flooring
How to Choose the Right Robot Vacuum for Hardwood Floors