Our commitment to you
We are committed to protecting the privacy, confidentiality, and security of your personal information by complying with applicable laws, and we are equally committed to ensuring that all our employees and agents uphold these obligations.
What information is collected and how we can use it
Types of information collected
To provide our subscription service to you, we will ask you to provide personal information that is necessary for the provision of these services. Information will not be further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes. We may collect the following types of information:
- Contact information: We use your Email address to provide you with our newsletters, discount information, new product information and other campaign information.
How personal information can be used
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Providing you with our newsletters, discount information, new product information and other campaign information.
With whom we share your information
We do not sell any personal information to third parties.
We may disclose your personal information on occasion to third parties (as described below) to provide the products or services that you have requested.
Disclosure may be made to Third Party Service Providers and affiliated companies listed in this section below. In each case described in this section, you can be assured that Roborock will only share your personal information following your consent. Your consent to Roborock will engage sub-processors for the processing of your personal information. You should know that when Roborock shares your personal information with a Third-Party Service Provider under any circumstance described in this section, Roborock will contractually specify that the third party is subject to practices and obligations that comply with applicable local data protection laws. Roborock will contractually ensure compliance by any Third-Party Service Providers with the privacy standards that apply to them in your home jurisdiction.
Sharing with our group and third-party service providers
From time to time, in order to conduct business operations smoothly to provide you with the full capabilities of our products and services, we may disclose your personal information to Roborock affiliated companies (which involve product sales, after-sales services, etc.), or third party service providers (our data storage facility, technical support). Such Third-Party Service Providers only process your personal information on Roborock’s behalf or for one or more of the purposes listed above.
Information not requiring consent
For the avoidance of doubt, Roborock may collect, use, or disclose your personal information without your consent to the extent it is allowed explicitly under local data protection laws.
Roborock’s security measures
We are committed to ensuring that your personal information is secure. To prevent unauthorized access, disclosure or other similar risks, we have put in place reasonable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect on your mobile terminal and Roborock’s websites. We will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information.
All your personal information is stored on secure servers and protected in controlled facilities. We classify your data based on importance and sensitivity and ensure that your personal information has the highest security level. We make sure that our employees and Third Party Service Providers who access the information to help provide you with our products and services are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations that will cause them to be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet their obligations. We have special access controls for cloud-based data storage as well. In summary, we regularly review our information collection, storage, and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against any unauthorized access and use.
We will take all practicable steps to safeguard your personal information. However, you should be aware that the use of the internet is not entirely secure, and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal information which is transferred from you or to you via the internet.
We will notify the data breach to the relevant supervisory authority, or under some circumstances, notify the personal information breach to the data subjects by complying with applicable laws, including your local data protection legislation.
What you can do
- You can safeguard your personal information by not disclosing your login password or account information to anybody unless you duly authorize such person.
- Roborock cannot be held responsible for lapses in security caused by third-party access to your personal information as a result of your failure to keep your personal information private. Notwithstanding the preceding, you must notify us immediately if there is any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security.
- Your assistance will help us protect the privacy of your personal information.
Personal information will be held for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws. We shall cease to retain personal information or remove the means by which the personal information can be associated with particular individuals, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that the purpose for which that personal information was collected is no longer being served by retention of the personal information. If further processing is for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes according to the applicable laws, the data can be further retained by Roborock even if the further processing is incompatible with original purposes.
You have control over your personal information
Roborock recognizes that privacy concerns differ from person to person. Therefore, we have provided some examples to describe the ways we can help you restrict collection, use, disclosure, or processing of your personal information and control your privacy settings.
You can delete the information you actively enter at any time in the personal user interface.
If you want to delete all your personal information in our servers, contact email@example.com (If you are European Union user under the General Data Protection Regulation, contact firstname.lastname@example.org). We will delete the data after receiving the request and confirming your identity.
Access, update, correct, erase or restrict processing your personal information
- You have the right to request access to and/or correction of any personal information that we hold about you.
- You can update and correct your settings information at any time in the user's personal interface, including user nicknames, avatar images, background settings, etc.
- If you would like to request access to your personal informationheld by us or if you believe any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, email us as soon as possible at email@example.com. (If you are a European Union user under the General Data Protection Regulation, contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
- If you are a European Union user under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you have the right to request usto erase your personal information. We shall consider the grounds regarding your erasure request and take reasonable steps, including technical measures, if the grounds apply to GDPR.
- If you are a European Union user under GDPR, you have the right to obtain from us the restriction of processing your personal information. We shall consider the grounds regarding your restriction request. If the grounds apply to GDPR, we shall only process your personal information under applicable circumstances in GDPR and inform you before lifting any processing restrictions.
- If you are a European Union user under GDPR, you have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you.
- If you are a European Union user under GDPR, you have the right to receive your personal information in a structured, commonly used format and transmit the information to another data controller.
Withdrawal of consent
- You can visitthe link https://forms.gle/EPLrMBR12CzDYpnW9 to cancel the subscription.
- Please recognize that your withdrawal of consent could result in certain legal consequences. Depending on the extent of your withdrawal of consent for us to process your personal information, it may mean that you will not be able to enjoy our products and services.
Transfer of personal information outside of your jurisdiction
To the extent that we may need to transfer personal information outside of your jurisdiction, whether to our affiliated companies or Third-Party Service Providers, we shall do so in accordance with the applicable laws. In particular, we will ensure that all transfers will be in accordance with requirements under your applicable local data protection laws by putting in place appropriate safeguards.
- We consider it the responsibility of parents to monitor their children’s use of our products and services. Nevertheless, it is our policy not to require personal information from minors or offer to send any promotional materials to persons in that category.
- Roborock does not seek or intend to seek to receive any personal information from minors. Should a parent or guardian have reasons to believe that a minor has provided Roborock with personal information without their prior consent, contact email@example.com (if you are a European Union user under the General Data Protection Regulation, contact firstname.lastname@example.org) to ensure that the personal information is removed, and the minor is unsubscribed from any applicable Roborock services.
Order of precedence
Do I have to agree to any third-party terms and conditions?
About our systematic approach to managing your personal information
If you are a European Union user under GDPR, Roborock will provide a systematic approach to protect personal information and deeply engages our people, management processes, and information systems to apply a risk management methodology. According to the GDPR, for instance, (1) Roborock has set up a Data Protection Officer (DPO) in charge of data protection. The DPO can be reached at email@example.com; (2) operating procedures, including the data protection impact assessment (DPIA).
Beijing Roborock Technology Co., Ltd.
Room #6016, #6017, #6018, Building C Baosheng Square, Heiquan Road
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (If you are a European Union user under the General Data Protection Regulation, contact email@example.com)